Where to start. The scenery is absolutely mindboggling. Have to select what to take pictures of and more of them are on the 35mm then on the digital so will have to share when we get home.
We are in a park that is ramped down toward the Kechemak Bay, the Kenai Mountain range is across the water with snow and glaciers above the tree line. Eagles are flying.
Drove up to the East End Road today as far as a Russian cemetary, then chickened out as the road took a deep dive down {dirt road} that would have required 4 wheel drive to come back up. There is an Old Russian village there where Russian is spoken. The children don't learn English until they start school. Old Russian clothing is worn and no pictures without permission.
The gang is going fishing tomorrow for halibut, I was going to take a ferry to a nearby town but the ferry is out on a week long trip to the Aluetians and won't be back until next Tues. So I will tool around town, dog sit and may be spend a little money. Most of the Christmas shopping is done. Am still waiting to hear from Barb E. about the measurements of her whale carving and where she got it.
We are moving to Seward on Sun. for 2 nights and then move on to Valdez.
Tom and Betty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Betty - I sent an email you to with the measurements and the pictures of the whale, I think Barb said she got it Seward, but not sure. It's about 8 inches tall and about 8 inches wide from fin tip to fin tip. In the pictures you can see what color it is. I sure appreciate you looking.
Sounds like you guys are having fun - wish I could be up there with you
Love
Jess & Mike
Well you should all be happy that you picked the right time to be out of Wisconsin. I can not believe that it is hotter there than here in Texas. We are looking at buying a house boat so we have somewhere to live it continues to rain down here in central Texas. The draught was officially over two months ago. This is starting to be insane. All of the lakes along the Colorado are at capasity. Marble Falls which is just North West of Austin, just got 16 inches of rain yesterday in 10 hours. Massive flooding, and to releave the areas up North they are sending the water down hill towards us. Streams that I have not seen water in the seven years we have been down here are overflowing. Can not get the timing right to borrow the neighbors tractor to shredd the pasture. Every time it dries out he is gone. Every time it is complete mud, he is here. I have some of the tallest most colorful weeds I have ever seen.
Love to all,
The Texas crew
Eric, Dawn, Marshall, Matt, and Max
Post a Comment